Riverlane’s mission is to make quantum computing useful, sooner. From climate change to healthcare, large and reliable quantum computers will help solve some of the world’s biggest challenges. Riverlane is building the quantum error correction layer to make this happen sooner. It’s a complex problem that requires a range of skills, talent and passion. We’re making remarkable progress and growing fast.
About the role
As a Senior Embedded Software Engineer at Riverlane, you will use your expert embedded software skills to design and engineer the software stack for Riverlane’s scalable control system, which synchronizes high accuracy, high speed pulses. With responsibility from Day 1, you will collaborate closely with our external partners, as well as with our world-class Engineering, Product and Quantum Physics teams to define, build and deliver this cutting-edge control system.
At Riverlane, we are building something brand new. The projects you will work on will be truly unique, complex and large-scale, so you need to be comfortable with engineering to evolving specs.
As an experienced Embedded Software Engineer, you will be happy mentoring junior team members whilst also being happy to get hands-on quickly in areas outside your own expertise. A natural problem-solver, you will be curious in your approach and solutions driven. You will work well with different people and have a ‘ship’ mentality... and you will learn Quantum Computing along the way!
What you will do
- Design and build the world’s first control system for fault tolerant quantum computing
- Design and build the embedded runtime of the control system
- Build OS tools like compilers, debuggers, profilers, hardware simulators, etc.
- Design scalable and verifiable systems
- Write code that is correct and performant
- Work with both user-level software and ASIC hardware systems
What we need
- Track record of bringup and delivery of embedded software systems on ASIC/FPGA to customers
- Excellent communication skills, attention to detail and passion to continuously improve our processes and flows
- Deep experience in C++, Rust, or C
- Experience in writing code on an Embedded Linux, RTOS, or bare metal
- Experience in scripting languages like Python
- Experience in dev tools like git, Make/ CMake, CI, etc.
What can you expect from us
- A comprehensive benefits package that includes private medical insurance, life insurance and a contributory pension scheme.
- Equity, so that our team can share in the long-term success of Riverlane
- 28 days annual leave, plus bank holidays and enhanced family leave
- A diverse work environment that brings together experts in many fields (including software and hardware development, quantum information theory, physics, maths and many more) and over 20 different nationalities.
- A learning environment that encourages individual, team and company growth and learning, including an annual training and conference budget for each staff member.
How to apply
Please upload a CV and cover letter by clicking 'Apply'. Your cover letter should explain why you are applying for the job and what skills and experience you can bring to the role.
We review CVs as we receive them and interview as soon as we have applications that look like a good match (usually within one week). We do not use closing dates. So, please apply as soon as possible to avoid missing out on this role.
If you have any queries, please contact email@example.com.
Everyone is welcome at Riverlane. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from eligible and suitably qualified candidates regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender reassignment, religion or belief, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity/paternity.
Studies have shown that women tend to apply to jobs if they meet all or almost all of the requirements whereas men apply even if they meet only some of the requirements. If that sounds like you then please apply – we are happy to review your application and let you know if we think you might be a good fit.
If you need any adjustments made to the application or selection process so you can do your best, please let us know. We will be happy to help.