Cambridge, UK | Full-time/Part-time | Permanent Salary: DOE
Riverlane’s mission is to make quantum computing useful far sooner than previously imaginable, starting an era of human progress as significant as the industrial and digital revolutions. Large and reliable quantum computers have the potential to turn fields like clean energy, drug design and aerospace upside down. We’re building the Operating System for these pioneering new machines, leading the world to tackle quantum computing’s defining challenge: error correction. We’re growing fast and making remarkable progress.
About the role
You will play a key role in our strategy to build Riverlane’s brand as a global science, product and thought leader in quantum computing. The audiences you’ll focus on are: media, ranging from top tier business and tech titles to specialist science and tech titles; government and investment community stakeholders; and the quantum computing industry itself. As an important company in an exciting but still emerging field, the opportunity is enormous.
You don’t need to be a quantum computing expert. But you’ll need to bring relevant knowledge and experience in either tech journalism, tech PR, experience within the quantum computing industry or advanced studies in a relevant field e.g. physics, computing, engineering.
Ultimately, you to be fascinated and excited by the development, applications and enormous future potential of quantum computing.
Your proven ability to turn complex technology into clear communications in both written and visual formats will be critical to your success. So too will be your ability to keep abreast of global developments in quantum computing so you can put what’s happening at Riverlane in the right context. Also important is helping us grow our network within the quantum community.
As such, you’ll likely have relevant experience in other tech companies or via the worlds of tech journalism, PR, analyst, consulting or public policy.
What you will do
You’ll craft communications that cut through jargon and noise to drive growing positive awareness of Riverlane’s leadership in quantum computing generally and our unique capabilities, products and scientific milestones more specifically. You’ll do this by:
- Crafting messaging and stories for both deep tech and business audiences that make Riverlane’s work (and quantum computing writ large) stand out in a sea of deep tech jargon at one extreme and quantum hype at the other
- Generate compelling content, including blogs, press releases, video explainers, presentations and social posts
- Helping us build and convene a growing community of followers and collaborators inside and outside our core industry
- Tracking our qualitative and quantitative progress against our goals via a monthly media tracker
- Staying abreast of Riverlane and industry developments
- Maintaining regular contact with our founder, C-suite, product managers and scientists
- Being a key member of our cross-disciplinary marketing team
What we need
- You need to be fascinated and excited by quantum computing. We’re not looking for a deep tech expert – we have plenty of those already. But you need to have some knowledge of the topic and proven experience as a talented tech or science communicator
- As such, you’re likely to have previous background in tech or science writing; journalism or publishing; consulting or analyst; PR or marketing; public policy
- Alternatively, you have done advanced studies and/or worked in the field and are passionate about communicating about technology and science
- Flair for (1) writing great copy (2) visual storytelling
- A curious and ‘can do’ mindset
- Creativity, passion and self-motivation
Even better if
- You know the quantum computing industry well
- You bring an existing network in the media, stakeholders and/or the industry
- You’ve worked in a tech startup or scaleup before
- Video production and editing know how
How to apply
Please upload a CV and covering letter by clicking 'Apply Now'. Your covering letter should explain why you are applying for the job and what skills and experience you can bring to the role.
If you have any queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Everyone is welcome at Riverlane. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from eligible and suitably qualified candidates regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender reassignment, religion or belief, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity/paternity.
If you need any adjustments made to the application or selection process so you can do your best, please let us know. We will be happy to help.