Remote - USA | Full-time | Permanent
Riverlane’s mission is to make quantum computing useful far sooner than previously imaginable, starting an era of human progress as significant as the industrial and digital revolutions. Large and reliable quantum computers have the potential to turn fields like clean energy, drug design and aerospace upside down. We’re building the Operating System for these pioneering new machines, leading the world to tackle quantum computing’s defining challenge: error correction. We’re growing fast and making remarkable progress.
You will join our cross-disciplinary team of software developers, mathematicians, quantum information theorists, computational chemists and physicists – all world experts in their fields. Our collaborative, close-knit team has a track record of delivering high-quality R&D across the full quantum computing stack. As a growing company, you will have the freedom to think independently and creatively, as well as contribute to Riverlane’s business development.
About the role
Reporting to the Head of US Government Partnerships, the successful candidate will develop, propose and lead new quantum technology research projects for US government programs. The candidate will develop novel directions for our business, and draft white papers and proposals for government and commercial customers. This individual will serve as a technical representative for Riverlane’s technologies—including quantum control systems and error correction—with a business-oriented focus.
What you will do
- Provide pre-sales technical leadership in the US including the drafting of commercial proposals and collateral, product demonstrations, and expertise.
- Advocate for Quantum Computing and Riverlane technology with commercial partners, academic labs, and government agencies
- Develop, propose and lead new research projects on quantum technology programs for US government projects
- Serve as an interface between technical and business development teams, partners, and customers
- Coordinate with Riverlane’s product and engineering teams to ensure that projects deliver on expected outcomes and support conversion to sales
What we need
- The ability to delight customers and partners
- Experience in quantum computing or a closely related field (PhD preferred)
- Strong interest in or experience working closely with commercial and government accounts
- Experience communicating effectively with internal and external stakeholders including scientists and innovators, to generate buy-in and coordinate contributions
- Experience writing persuasive technical papers and proposals for US government agencies
- Willingness to travel up to 50%
- US citizenship
Even better if you have
- Experience serving as principal investigator (PI) or technical program manager (PM) and managing research teams
- Experience working in a quantum computing lab
- The ambition to recruit and manage a world class solution engineering team as Riverlane grows
How to apply
Please upload a CV and covering letter by clicking 'Apply Now'. Your covering letter should explain why you are applying for the job and what skills and experience you can bring to the role.
If you have any queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Everyone is welcome at Riverlane. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from eligible and suitably qualified candidates regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender reassignment, religion or belief, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity/paternity.
If you need any adjustments made to the application or selection process so you can do your best, please let us know. We will be happy to help.