Riverlane’s mission is to make quantum computing useful, sooner. From climate change to healthcare, large and reliable quantum computers will help solve some of the world’s biggest challenges. Riverlane is building the quantum error correction layer to make this happen sooner. It’s a complex problem that requires a range of skills, talent and passion. We’re making remarkable progress and growing fast.
About the role
Reporting to the Head of Finance, we have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Group Finance Manager to undertake all aspects of financial control here at Riverlane.
You will be relied upon to use your expertise in high growth start-up/scale-up environments to own and deliver Group regulatory financial reporting and control.
Your ability to build effective partnerships across all functions in the company, as well as with key external stakeholders (including our accountants, suppliers, customers and investors) will be critical to enable Riverlane to scale efficiently and effectively.
As part of this role, you will manage a small, friendly team and all external contracts relating to Finance.
What you will do
Financial Reporting and Control
- Manage third party accountants performance and contracts, which covers A/R, A/P, GL, Tax, statutory accounts and management reporting
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Prepare information for R&D tax credit claims
- Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting (statutory audit, grant audits)
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Monthly board reports vs. budget and analysis, as appropriate
- Recommendation and implementation of course adjustments where/if required (cost control, cash flow planning)
- Treasury forecasting
- Treasury management, including day to day cash flow management and investment
- Explore the opportunity for secured debt against longer term contracts
Financial Risk Management
- Ensure compliance with relevant UK and overseas legislation including UK IFRS, company law and taxation
- Supporting other business functions with commercial, procurement and supply contracts, including contract negotiation and implementation
- Additional duties as necessary
What we need
- Proven experience as a Finance Manager in a high growth start-up/ scale-up environment (which could include working as a Consultant in this setting)
- 3+ years PQE Accounting and Finance experience
- Experience of practice at a top tier accountancy firm (big four preferred)
- ACA, ACMA, ACCA or CIMA professional qualification
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Experience with creating financial statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills
- Exceptional communication, negotiation and organisational skills
- Experience of prioritising tasks and working to tight deadlines
- Highly motivated and hardworking, with energy and enthusiasm to achieve ambitious targets
- Available ASAP
Even better if you have…
- Knowledge of R&D tax credits, government grants and capitalisation of R&D
- Set up overseas subsidiaries and associated financial responsibilities
- Experience with using Xero and Fathom
What can you expect from us
- A comprehensive benefits package that includes private medical insurance, life insurance, equity and a contributory pension scheme.
- 28 days annual leave, plus bank holidays and enhanced family leave
- A diverse work environment that brings together experts in many fields (including software and hardware development, quantum information theory, physics, maths and many more) and over 20 different nationalities.
- A learning environment that encourages individual, team and company growth and learning, including an annual training and conference budget for each staff member.
How to apply
Please upload a CV and cover letter by clicking 'Apply'. Your cover letter should explain why you are applying for the job and what skills and experience you can bring to the role.
We review CVs as we receive them and interview as soon as we have applications that look like a good match (usually within one week). We do not use closing dates. So, please apply as soon as possible to avoid missing out on this role.
If you have any queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Everyone is welcome at Riverlane. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from eligible and suitably qualified candidates regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender reassignment, religion or belief, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity/paternity.
Studies have shown that women tend to apply to jobs if they meet all or almost all of the requirements whereas men apply even if they meet only some of the requirements. If that sounds like you then please apply – we are happy to review your application and let you know if we think you might be a good fit.
If you need any adjustments made to the application or selection process so you can do your best, please let us know. We will be happy to help.