Riverlane’s mission is to make quantum computing useful, sooner. From climate change to healthcare, large and reliable quantum computers will help solve some of the world’s biggest challenges. Riverlane is building the quantum error correction layer to make this happen sooner. It’s a complex problem that requires a range of skills, talent and passion. We’re making remarkable progress and growing fast.
About our graduate scheme
Riverlane’s rewarding one-year Engineering Graduate Scheme is designed to enable those with degrees in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering, Engineering, Physics or Maths to develop their skills and expertise and become future leaders in the quantum computing industry.
As a successful Riverlane trainee on our exciting Graduate Scheme, you will join us at our Head Office in Cambridge, UK, where you will work alongside our world-class multidisciplinary team. During your placement, you will rotate through different functions of Riverlane, including Engineering, Quantum Science and Product.
As a Graduate Trainee, you will have a dedicated Supervisor who will support you throughout the year and provide coaching to develop your leadership skills. You will be given real responsibility from the outset, gaining hands-on experience and developing a broad understanding of quantum computing, while receiving expert support to help you build key engineering skills.
Please note that you do not need any background in quantum computing; this will form part of your learning.
If you want to be immersed in a rewarding Graduate Scheme, at the heart of cutting-edge technology, where you will be challenged, learn new skills and develop your Engineering capabilities, then we’d love to hear from you. Apply today!
What you will do
- Create cutting-edge software to leverage maximum potential from current quantum computers
- Contribute to the design process, development and implementation of advanced software and hardware tools for quantum computing
- Gain experience in the full lifecycle of product development, from maintaining and improving existing systems, to devising novel solutions
- Learn to test complex products operating at the cutting edge of technology
- Work in a multi-disciplinary environment of Scientists and Engineers, leveraging your knowledge and experience to create novel solutions
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in one of the following subjects:
- Computer Science
- Computer Systems Engineering
- Electronic Engineering
- You must be graduating next year (2024), or have graduated this year (2023) with at least a 2.1
- Evidence of creative, high-quality academic work
- Experience with at least one general purpose programming language
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving ability
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with a track record of communicating scientific results to colleagues and other audiences
- Ability to take initiative, demonstrate proactivity and work well as part of a team
- Passion for translating academic expertise into an applied industrial setting
- Strong desire to learn and develop
- We are only able to accept applications from individuals who already have the right to work in the UK (e.g. UK / Irish nationals, or those who have settled/ pre-settled status).
- We are unable to provide sponsorship or letters of support for sponsorship applications for our graduate recruitment scheme.
- The graduate recruitment scheme starts on Monday 7th October, 2024 and lasts for one year.
Application Deadline & Selection Process
Please submit your application by Friday 8th December 2023.
Stage 1: Remote Technical Challenges will begin on 13th December 2023.
Stage 2: An assessment day will be held in our Headquarters in Cambridge on Thursday 11th January 2024. Please hold this date in your diary!
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer private medical insurance, a health cash plan and life assurance, as well many other benefits, including free snacks and refreshments.
How to apply
Please upload a CV and cover letter by clicking 'Apply'. Your cover letter should explain why you are applying for the job and what skills and experience you can bring to the role.
We review CVs as we receive them and interview as soon as we have applications that look like a good match (usually within one week). We do not use closing dates. So, please apply as soon as possible to avoid missing out on this role.
If you have any queries, please contact email@example.com.
Everyone is welcome at Riverlane. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from eligible and suitably qualified candidates regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender reassignment, religion or belief, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity/paternity.
Studies have shown that women tend to apply to jobs if they meet all or almost all of the requirements whereas men apply even if they meet only some of the requirements. If that sounds like you then please apply – we are happy to review your application and let you know if we think you might be a good fit.
If you need any adjustments made to the application or selection process so you can do your best, please let us know. We will be happy to help.