Cambridge, UK | Full-time | Permanent | Salary: £52,000 - £75,000
Riverlane’s mission is to make quantum computing useful far sooner than previously imaginable, starting an era of human progress as significant as the industrial and digital revolutions. Large and reliable quantum computers have the potential to turn fields like clean energy, drug design and aerospace upside down. We’re building the Operating System for these pioneering new machines, leading the world to tackle quantum computing’s defining challenge: error correction. We’re growing fast and making remarkable progress.
About the role
As an Embedded System Engineer in Test, you will work “full stack” on embedded software driving custom hardware. You will own the quality of the entire system, ensuring that no sub-system gets missed in testing. Consequently, you need to be happy getting your hands dirty in both software and hardware - It will be your responsibility that the entire system leaves the door with high quality.
What you will do
- Work with experimental physicists users, product managers, software engineers and hardware designers to define a whole-system test plan
- Use your understanding of the overall system architecture and APIs to do comprehensive sub-system and whole-system testing
- Interact with hardware verification engineers to ensure a joined up system verification/test effort
- Define and track whole-system quality and performance
- Maintain tools and environment for automatic testing
You do not need a background in quantum computing – you will learn everything you need here.
What we need
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Physics or a related discipline
- Curiosity to learn about new technologies such as quantum computing
- Ability to work with a diverse range of people
- Significant experience in embedded systems, runtimes, custom hardware, full system testing
- Proficiency in C++, Python
- Good understanding of basic computer science data structures and algorithms
- Experience in standard development tools such as git, testing frameworks, CI, docker, etc
Even better if you have
- Familiarity with quantum control systems, experiment control systems, calibration procedures, etc.
- Experience in leading an embedded system test team
- Experience with RF systems
How to apply
Please upload a CV and covering letter by clicking 'Apply Now'. Your covering letter should explain why you are applying for the job and what skills and experience you can bring to the role.
If you have any queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Everyone is welcome at Riverlane. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from eligible and suitably qualified candidates regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender reassignment, religion or belief, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity/paternity.
If you need any adjustments made to the application or selection process so you can do your best, please let us know. We will be happy to help.