Cambridge, UK | Full-time | Permanent Salary: £52,000 - £64,000
Riverlane’s mission is to make quantum computing useful far sooner than previously imaginable, starting an era of human progress as significant as the industrial and digital revolutions. Large and reliable quantum computers have the potential to turn fields like clean energy, drug design and aerospace upside down. We’re building the Operating System for these pioneering new machines, leading the world to tackle quantum computing’s defining challenge: error correction. We’re growing fast and making remarkable progress.
About the role
The successful candidate will identify and exploit growth opportunities, build partnerships with a range of different organisations in the UK and Europe, and ensure the partnerships deliver on expected outcomes. The successful candidate will work closely with technical and product teams, ensuring that market, technical and product insight are combined.
What you will do
- Build and test go-to-market strategies for Riverlane products
- Define objectives and on-going responsibilities for the successful management of Riverlane accounts
- Launch programmes around Riverlane products and offerings resulting in future revenue streams
- Identify grant and business opportunities in quantum technology
- Draft grant applications, tenders and business proposals to secure future funding streams for Riverlane
- Generate leads and build relationships in the quantum ecosystem
- Participate in industry events to promote Riverlane products
- Support the communications and marketing team in drafting technical marketing materials
- Work with technical teams to ensure that projects with partners deliver on expected outcomes and support conversion to sales
- Identify long-term business development opportunities in new markets and develop new strategies to enter them.
What we need
- A demonstrable track record of business development (this might include initiating and managing partnerships, applying for grant funding, or more traditional sales experience in a deep-tech industry)
- Experience of communicating effectively with internal and external stakeholders including scientists and innovators, to generate buy-in and coordinate contributions
- Ability to write clearly, succinctly, and persuasively
- Exceptional communication and negotiation skills with an organised approach to work
- Experience of prioritising tasks and working to tight deadlines
- Curiosity and enthusiasm for quantum technology
- Highly motivated and hardworking, with energy and enthusiasm to achieve ambitious targets.
Even better if you have
- An understanding of quantum computers
- Experience of working in a start-up or high-growth company
- An existing network in the industry
- The ability to delight customers and partners
How to apply
Please upload a CV and covering letter by clicking 'Apply Now'. Your covering letter should explain why you are applying for the job and what skills and experience you can bring to the role.
If you have any queries, please contact email@example.com.
Everyone is welcome at Riverlane. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from eligible and suitably qualified candidates regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender reassignment, religion or belief, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity/paternity.
If you need any adjustments made to the application or selection process so you can do your best, please let us know. We will be happy to help.