Cambridge, UK | Full-time | Permanent
Riverlane is a research-led start-up that builds ground-breaking algorithms and software to unleash the predictive power of quantum computing. Backed by leading venture capital funds and the University of Cambridge, we work together with visionary chemical, pharmaceutical and materials companies to develop billion-dollar applications using quantum advantage.
You will join our cross-disciplinary team of software developers, mathematicians, quantum information theorists, computational chemists and computational physicists – all world experts in their fields. Our collaborative, close-knit team has a track record of delivering high-quality R&D across the full quantum stack. As an early stage start-up, you will have the freedom to think independently and creatively, as well as contribute to Riverlane’s business development.
We offer a competitive salary, equity options, and relocation costs.
About the role
You will join our research team building Deltaflow.OS, a new operating system for quantum computers. Working closely with our quantum hardware partners across the UK, you will define how quantum devices are developed from experimental systems into programmable computers.
What you will do
Working as part of a flexible engineering team, you will collaborate in the development of a novel platform for real time software within quantum computing. As part of your role, you will:
- Develop a flexible simulation platform for quantum control systems
- Build reusable and verified RTL IP
- Collaborate with co-workers and external hardware developers to build a new kind of runtime for a new kind of computer
You do not need a background in quantum computing as relevant training will be given.
What we need
- A PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related discipline from a top university OR industry equivalent experience
- Experience (commercial or academic) with one or more of: SoC design, Embedded Systems Design, or Computer Architecture
- Proficiency in Python and C
- Working knowledge of Verilog, VHDL or SystemVerilog
- Familiarity with one (or more) debug methodologies
- Operating Systems architecture
- An interest in quantum computing
Even better if you have experience of…
- Understanding of on- and off-chip networking techniques
- Experience with Real Time Systems
- Experience with SystemC or another SoC simulation tool
- Experience with Digital synthesis toolchains
- Designing programming languages or DSLs
- Formal or Fuzz testing for hardware designs
- Microwave signal processing
- Dataflow processing systems such as Niad, Kafka, etc.
- Open FPGA tooling such as Verilator, Symbiflow etc
How to apply
Please upload a CV and covering letter here: https://apply.workable.com/riverlane/j/E6BBC96625/. Your covering letter should explain why you are applying for the job and what skills and experience you can bring to the role.
If you have any queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Everyone is welcome at Riverlane. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from eligible and suitably qualified candidates regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender reassignment, religion or belief, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity/paternity.
Apply for role →