Riverlane is a research-led start-up that builds ground-breaking algorithms and software to unleash the predictive power of quantum computing. Backed by leading venture capital funds and the University of Cambridge, we work together with visionary chemical, pharmaceutical and materials companies to develop billion-dollar applications using quantum advantage.
You will join our cross-disciplinary team of software developers, mathematicians, quantum information theorists, computational chemists and computational physicists – all world experts in their fields. Our collaborative, close-knit team has a track record of delivering high-quality R&D across the full quantum stack. As an early stage start-up, you will have the freedom to think independently and creatively, as well as contribute to Riverlane’s business development.
We offer a competitive benefits package, including equity options, and will cover the cost of getting you to Cambridge.
About the role
You will play a leading role in our research team building Deltaflow.OS, a new operating system for quantum computers. Working closely with our quantum hardware partners across the UK, you will define how quantum devices are developed from experimental systems into programmable computers.
What you will do
Working as part of a flexible engineering group, you will develop a novel platform for real time software within quantum computing. As part of your role, you will:
- Lead the Deltaflow.OS software team to develop and refine a hosted domain-specific language that enables software to run on a heterogeneous computing system
- Collaborate with the SoC team to develop a runtime for a quantum computer
- Develop robust testing and diagnostics tool.
You do not need a background in quantum computing as relevant training will be given.
What we need
- A PhD (or industry equivalent) in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related discipline from a top university
- Experience (commercial or academic) with: Embedded programming, distributed computing systems, interprocess communications and network stacks
- Experience with SystemC or another SoC simulation tool
- Proficiency in Python3 and C++ (C++14 or newer)
- Experience with Docker and containerization
- Knowledge of build automation tools, like GNU make, cmake and Continuous Integration ones (Jenkins, Bamboo)
- An interest in quantum computing
Even better if you have experience of…
- Designing programming languages or DSLs
- Linux Kernel/Drivers
- Cloud computing (Azure, AWS)
- Dataflow processing systems such as Niad, Kafka, etc.
If you have any queries, please contact email@example.com.
Everyone is welcome at Riverlane. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from eligible and suitably qualified candidates regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender reassignment, religion or belief, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity/paternity.
Apply for role →